Landlord Protector


What kind of rental property do you own? You might have several multi-unit complexes. Maybe you restored a vintage fourplex in a historic district — or rent out a single-family house you inherited from an aunt. Whatever your portfolio looks like, Farmers understands that residential real estate investments can come with unique challenges — to both your properties and your financial stability. Landlords can select personalized coverage and get the insurance they want.

     Landlord Protector Policy

      We offer a quick and reliable way to screen potential tenants through SmartMove — it’s a service that can provide an in-depth tenant suitability report within minutes. There are no setup or accounts fees, and you don’t have to collect personal information from applicants. All they need from you is an email address — they’ll contact the applicant and take care of the rest. 

     How Can We Cover You?

  • Your Tenant Is Injured - Your tenant trips over a garden hose you’re using to water the flowerbeds. He lands palms-down on the ground — and breaks his wrist.

         - How would we cover you? - Optional liability coverage can help with hospital bills and lost wages if              you’re legally responsible for his injury.

  • A Pipe Bursts - A pipe in an upstairs bathroom suddenly bursts, saturating the ceiling below. You arrive to help clean up the mess, but the damage is already done.

         - How would we cover you? - Named-peril coverage can help with coverage for specific perils that                    you choose, including water from bursting pipes.

  • Loss Of Rent - Loss of rents coverage can help with the loss of rental income if the property becomes uninhabitable by a covered event like a fire or storm

  • A Storm Damages Your Property - Your tenant calls to say there’s vinyl siding strewn across the front yard — you’re not surprised since a thunder storm kept you awake most of the night.

          - How would we cover you? - comprehensive property coverage can help with damage if a                                 storm or other weather event is covered by your policy.